Pilgrim's Path Daily

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

DAILY POEM

"I walk down the Valley of Silence -- down the dim, voiceless Valley -- alone!
And I hear not the fall of a footstep arround me, save God's and my own; and the hush of my heart is as Holy as hovers when Angels have flown!

"In the hush of the Valley of Slience I hear all the songs that I sing,
and the notes float down the dim Valley till each finds a word for a wing, that to man, like the Dove of the Deluge, the message of peace they may bring.

"But far on the deep there are billows, that never shall break on the beach;
and I have heard songs in the silence that never shall float into speech; and I have had dreams in the Valley too lofty for language to reach.

"Do you ask me the place of the Valley, ye hearts that are harrowed by care?
It lieth afar between mountains, and God and His Angels are there; and one is the dark mountain of Sorrow, and one is the bright mountain of Prayer."

--Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home