Pilgrim's Path Daily

Saturday, December 03, 2005

DAILY DEVOTIONAL THOUGHTS

Part of the Fear of God is that, in the End, He Ratifies OUR Choice! O God, please Change my Chooser!!
God gives eight Requirements for understanding the Fear of God! (Pr 2:1-5 "My son, *if* you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures; *then* you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.") - and LINKS Godly Fear with KNOWING God! God says to KNOW Him is to FEAR Him! Let's LIST these eight things: 1 - Receiving Scripture, 2 - Valuing God's Commandments by Obeying them, 3 - Listening UP for Wisdom, 4 - Paying attention to Understanding when we find it, 5 - Diligently Asking for and Expecting Inspiration from God, 6 - Seeking understanding with all our heart, 7 - Seeking Truth as The Preciousness of God that it is, 8 - Searching diligently for Wisdom above all things - with every thought or breath. Please notice God's "IF/THEN". If we do this, THEN we will ... what? God says, quite specifically, "understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God". Is this a PROMISE from God, would you say? Does God Promise this to us? Or is God just speaking to someone else? God has Chosen us. But it is OUR Choice, not His, that He will Ratify and Mandate Forever. We CAN Give our Chooser to God, just as Jesus did in Gethsemene - 'Not Mine, but Thine be done IN ME!' And God can Change our Chooser to Want His Will more than our own (self).

No one will be more surprised to find me in Heaven - than me!
Boy!, I hope that does not smack of unbelief! It's not that I will be surprised that my Lord CAN do this - though I must confess I was mighty skeptical at first - but the longer I live, the older I get, the more it dawns on me just HOW Precious Christ's Salvation really is - for someone like me. Even so, I know it is not about me or my flesh - and that He has all that Covered by His Blood. That it is all about His Resurrection Life ALIVE in me right Now! But any pilgrim that is not acutely aware of the possibility of 'fainting' along the Way, and 'missing the mark' - of not 'finishing the race', and not 'pressing' on and into The Kingdom - is likely to stumble. We CAN 'neglect such a great Salvation', and we can yet be 'deceived by sin' and 'fall short of The Glory', etc. Ignoring the Warnings of the New Testament only assures we cannot Inherit all God has 'stored up' for us in-Christ. So when its all over & done with - and I am there - with Christ - and LIKE Him ... well, somebody - just PINCH me, will ya? I do thank God for His Faithfulness - and that it makes me wanna be just like that too! And I do have faith in His Ability and Desire to see me through. My!, how fortunate we are - to have such a Lord and King as Jesus Christ! As for me - I'm with HIM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home